Monday, August 3, 2009

THE DENTIST


I went to my dentist the other day with my 15
cavities, down from 19, so I knew what to
expect on this visit.

"Well Doc, you took care of the front teeth on
the last 3 visits, I'll let you choose this
time-just don't let the power go to your head."
He laughed, "The power of the drill, right?"
"No," I said, "the power of choice."

"I had a patient once and we started talking
about politics and after we were through with
the work I told him that it was really nice
meeting someone who had the same political
views as myself and that it was interesting
that we agreed on many social issues. But as
he got up from the chair he said that we really
didn't," he chuckled, "I guess the idea of the
drill got to him," he looked away, "It's just
finding someone who shares in your political
ideology is so rare."

I thought to myself, yeah, almost as rare as
having the same god. I didn't say anything
though, as he clasped the chain around my
neck.

No comments: