Monday, May 25, 2009

I SWINGS WIDE

Dynamite stick and a beat up Cadillac
Wind roars like an incinerator with it's top hat blown back
Like an Egyptian pigeon, gotta catch me on the fly
Cause when I swings baby I swings wide

Plutonium toe clip and barbed wire 'round the heel
blaze into town, like a dragon on two wheels
It ain't the glare off the chrome that makes the cop hide his eyes
It's the fear of when I swings, maybe I'll just swings wide

Wiped out a herd of caribou, and to me that was just a snack
love the smell of the wildflowers, sniffed so hard they never grew back
When time came for them to name me the elders of my tribe
said that nature couldn't tame me and called me the one who swings wide

Scrape the bark from a dogwood, steal the tears from a willow
Roll them in the paper, first chapter of Gideons, blow the toke out the window
They say she never said goodbye before that iconoclastic ride
on that hell bound train with that guy who swings wide

Angry mob of rebels, brandishing swords
Torches are a blazing, and it's me their coming toward
push the button of the moon, pop open the glovebox of the sky
Release a flood of angels driving chariots that swing wide

I told you my stength lies in the length of my hair
but should I go weak in my arms, in my heart love will persevere
Delila you're my diamond in the navel of the night
and for you I'd break chains, push these pillars and swing wide

Coming down 'round your mountain, bound to cross that double line
How you swings baby? Cause I swings wide

copyright 1998 Crissum Publishing

No comments: