Saturday, May 2, 2009

TIME IS MONEY

I called into dispatch at work for my hourly check-in when Ted answered the phone. "Tom, I see you have weekends off."
"That's right." I said
"How do you rate? I've been working for the company for almost two years now and I've never gotten weekends off!"
"Those were the conditions I made when I was hired. I've always had them off."

Ted changed the subject. "Did you hear about that auto auction in town?"
"Yeah. One of the valets here parked a 1957 Ferrari worth 2.5 million last night. Jay Leno is probably in town buying."
"Yeah, how about that guy? He has a whole garage full of old cars and motorcycles and stuff! Where did he get all of his money?" Ted asked.
"Worked for it like all of us."
"No, really! How did he make so much money to have all of those cars, the nice house and stuff?" "Really Ted. He said the right things and exactly the right time, but first," I said,
"He got weekends off."

1 comment:

scrappio11 said...

An Honored Friendship that forever remains in the Heart, Creates an unspoken Gift of Friendship from the Soul and is seen by all in living Color; Showing Proof that True Friendship Never Dies.

WOW :) on the W.O.G.
"REAL NICE" :) Cricket